Sunday, April 11, 2010

Home

Sorry for the delayed post! We made it home okay, after many hours of travel. We flew to Moscow on Thursday morning, and had the day there. Moscow was a lot different than Kras, and so much more expensive. Luckily, we only had to stay one night! Both Mark and I have been trying to recover from the time change, and me from a nasty cold I brought home with me. Hopefully it's not some rare Russian virus! Tomorrow we will turn in the remainder of our paperwork, just three documents that couldn't be done until we returned from the 1st trip. All of our other paperwork is done, so once our Russian coordinator gets these last three, she can apply for a court date. We are hoping for this summer! This evening we had dinner with our families and shared the videos and pics of our girl. It was a lot of fun for them to see more of her cute little personality. We are so thankful for the time we were able to spend with her, and can't wait to bring her home! This week we are going to start buying furniture for her room. We left the buying, painting, and decorating for the time between our 1st and 2nd trips. We hope that it will help the time pass quickly!

2 comments:

Katie Burkett said...

Amy and Mark-
I had been off facebook for all of lent which left me a little out of the loop. I am overjoyed to hear about your sweet baboushka! I nannied for a little girl named Vika after my freshman year at SLU. She too was potty trained at about 18 months old. The orphange also made her make her bed and even as a kindergartener, she gaurded her food with her life. She was precious. Can't wait to hear more...what a woderful easter blessing!

Best wishes!

Katie Burkett

Katie Burkett said...

Oops, I left out the detail that Vika was also adopted from Russia!

Katie